Posted on: October 14, 2022 • Category: (none)
Economic Development Manager – Business Recruitment, Retention & Expansion
Economic Development Alliance of Skagit County
No. of Jobs: 1
Job Type: Full-Time
Pay Type: Salary
Compensation: Hourly: $65,000-$75,000 + Competitive Benefits Package
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Phone 1: 3603366114
Economic Development Alliance of Skagit County
1932 E. College Way, Ste B
Mount Vernon, WA 98273
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Economic development experience preferred
- Experience supporting the overall management of economic development activities
- Strong, comprehensive understanding of economic development fundamentals, particularly related to business retention, expansion, and attraction
- Strong understanding of the economic development ecosystem within Washington State, including familiarity with local, state, and federal level resources
- Familiarity with local government and state/federal legislative processes
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including ability to do public speaking, proofreading, and editing
- Comfortable working in a sometimes fast-paced, unpredictable environment
- Confident with technology, including CRMs, Microsoft Office Suite, and others
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate sound judgment with a track record of project management success
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATES, AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Graduate-level degree related to economic development strongly preferred
- Strong background and work experience in an economic development position, whether in public sector, private sector, or for a non-profit organization
- Economic development certification (CEcD) strongly preferred
- Demonstrated success in providing outstanding service and team collaboration
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Foreign language ability preferred
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support existing businesses by connecting them to local programs and support services
- Conduct BRE visits with business from targeted sectors and industries, EDASC Investors, and others
- Serve as EDASC’s main contact with the Washington State Department of Commerce and manage all business attraction projects that arise from whatever source, in coordination with local partners
- Support businesses using EDASC’s site selection, market research, demographic, other online tools
- Facilitate meetings between businesses, education institutions, city and county government, and nonprofits
- Track all BRE & attraction activities using web-based CRM
- Prepare quarterly updates for cities and partners
- Develop and manage EDASC’s relationships with a broad range of state and federal government agencies, as well as international governments and businesses, and with regional organizations active in economic development external to Skagit County.
- In coordination with the CEO and the Economic Development Manager for Special Projects, provide support on economic development projects
Schedule: 40 hours per week
Reports To: CEO
The Economic Development Alliance of Skagit County (EDASC), a 501(c) (3) nonprofit entity, implements the economic development program for all of Skagit County: the county, its four cities and four towns, two ports, and the entire private sector including non-profits and K-16 education. The mission of EDASC is: EDASC carries out business attraction, retention and expansion, and collaborative engagement to achieve a prosperous, sustainable, and equitable community while maintaining Skagit County’s natural beauty and quality of life.
Under the direction of the CEO, the Economic Development Manager for Business Recruitment, Retention & Expansion will manage, coordinate, and implement programs and projects supporting the retention, expansion, and attraction of businesses in Skagit County. EDASC is a fully vaccinated office, so the successful candidate must show documentation of full vaccination against Covid-19 before beginning employment.
This job is primarily based in an office environment, but also requires a significant amount of travel time to meetings and events. Ability to participate in meetings and events that take place outside of regular work hours, and that may require driving or travel to locations within and outside Skagit County, is required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.